Why Teeth Cleaning MattersDaily teeth cleaning is essential for a healthy mouth. Healthy teeth not only help you eat and speak effectively, but studies have shown that a bright, healthy smile gives you more confidence in both personal and professional settings. Other reasons why teeth cleaning matters:
- Better Overall Health: Studies have suggested associations between poor oral health and other medical conditionssuch as heart disease. Daily teeth cleaning helps prevent early gum disease and tooth decay by removing the plaque bacteria that build up on the teeth each day.
- Better Breath: Want to get a little closer? Regular teeth cleaning with any fluoride toothpaste can help freshen your breath. For a better breath bonus, choose mint toothpaste, and don’t forget to brush your tongue.
- Brighter Teeth: Removing surface stains with daily teeth cleaning helps your teeth look brighter.
- Lower Cost: Following a regular teeth cleaning routine can eventually help you avoid costly dental visits to manage severe gum disease or tooth decay. (5)
Your Teeth Cleaning ChecklistAccording to a survey conducted by the American Dental Association, Crest, and Oral-B, 80 percent of 1,000 American adults polled said that “taking good care of the mouth, teeth, and gums” is “absolutely needed” to maintain good health. But only 33 percent of the survey respondents thought they did an “excellent” job of teeth cleaning. (1), (2)
Teeth Cleaning ToolsEffective teeth cleaning starts with the right tools. One good way to start is to look for products that make up a Crest Pro-Health Regimen : Crest Pro-Health Toothpaste, Crest Pro-Health Mouth Rinse, the Oral-B Vitality Toothbrush, and Glide Deep Clean Floss.
- Toothpaste: Crest Pro-Health Toothpaste is available in several varieties (Clean Mint, Clean Cinnamon, Night, Whitening, Enamel Shield and Sensitivity Shield). All types of Crest Pro-Health Toothpaste help protect against tooth sensitivity and help fight cavities, tartar, plaque, gingivitis, stains and bad breath.
- Rinse: Crest Pro-Health Multi-Protection Rinse boosts your teeth cleaning routine with additional germ-killing and plaque-preventing properties. (3)
- Toothbrush: Choose a toothbrush that feels comfortable to you. Some people find that electric toothbrushes make it easier to spend the dentist-recommended two minutes on teeth cleaning. The Oral-B Vitality Toothbrush provides thorough teeth cleaning and helps to remove plaque and surface stains.
- Floss: A thorough teeth cleaning routine includes daily flossing. Glide Deep Clean Floss, slides easily between the teeth to remove food particles and reduce the daily buildup of plaque and bacteria on the teeth.
Teeth Cleaning Tricks for KidsGetting children excited about teeth cleaning can be a challenge. Try these tricks to make the teeth cleaning process less tedious for parents as well as kids:
- Let Them Choose: Kids like to be involved. Let them choose the color and style of their kid-sized toothbrush to make teeth cleaning more interesting.
- Time It Right: Ideally, each teeth cleaning should take about two minutes. Try using a kitchen timer or playing two minutes of a song to encourage kids to stick with their teeth cleaning long enough. (4)
- Survey: “The Public Speaks Up on Oral Health Care”
- Crest product information